Friday, November 13, 2009

Not quite a blog post but still very cool...

Okay, I'm too lazy and still head cold ridden so I'm not in the mood to do a long blog post today but if that changes and I find reviews, etc. I'll come in and edit. In the meantime, have you ever wanted to own one of my books but were to lazy yourself or too short on cash? Well, with the exception of Daddy Left Me Alone with God, which is published by Tease and which can be purchased by clicking on the banner at the top of my blog, all of my books with Phaze Publishing are on sale today, in honor of Friday the 13th. Just go right here and when you go to check out, use code FRIDAY13 for 13% off your purchase!

And now that I have taken care of business, I want to put up a couple of fun very short film clips of Julie Slick, Eric Slick, Adrian Belew, and Andre Cholmondeley (and Andre of course is my usual lifeline who sent these to me) currently in Istanbul, Turkey. Well, in the first clip, they are admiring their tour poster:



And here's a still photo from that same "scene":



Here's everyone at breakfast this morning -- man, check out that view. No wonder I'm reading tweets from Julie and Eric that they are madly in love with Turkey:



Next up, a clip from the show last night - wow -- security guards and bouquets of flowers!




And finally, here's a great shot of Andre, who sent this to me with the caption "How about a little head in Krakow?"



Andre has sent me a ton of photos which I will hopefully get around to posting, but for now, I do believe I'm going to assume the fetal position for an hour or two.

P.S. Julie, Eric...if I don't get my hands on that "Ghetto" tour poster, I will surely die. Do what you must!

Later,
xo

2 comments:

  1. That billboard that they are standing in front of is KILLER! I love it. Great to see such publicity for the band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY being billed as the POWER TRIO and not some KING CRIMSON FESTIVAL or something they are not.
    Adrian of course if the driving factor but....the Slicks drive the power behind his playing.

    I want a copy of that GHETO Poster too! How cool is that! Remember the poster I made for the Stella Blue show in Asheville? Where they all signed it? I think I threw them out in the trash by mistake...so not only didn't you ever get your copy but all copies of it are gone!~ :-( I will just have to print off 3 more and do a resigning at the next Power Trio gig!

    Peace,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete