Friday, October 17, 2008

Tonight in New York City: Three Days in New York City

Gah! I get so wrapped up when the Adrian Belew Power Trio is on tour I forget about my own life, and I almost blew telling you all about tonight...in fact...I almost blew the event altogether because I've been otherwise preoccupied with like a million other things.



So yes, I will be reading a chapter or two from Three Days in New York City, talking about the sequels, and just life in general. I'm seriously at my best when I just improvise and ad lib on the spot so that's the plan.

Oh. It would be nice if I tell you all where I'll be doing said reading and with whom. Well, joining me will be the fabulous Donna George Storey and we'll be reading at Bluestockings, 172 Allen Street between Stanton and Rivington. Bluestockings Bookstore is described as "a radical bookstore, fair trade cafe, and activist center in the Lower East Side of Manhattan.

We carry over 6000 titles on topics such as queer and gender studies, global capitalism, feminism, police and prisons, democracy studies, and black liberation. You can also find some good 'ole smutty fiction. We also carry magazines, zines, journals, alternative menstrual products and other oddly hard-to-find good things.

We host readings, workshops, performances, discussions and films almost every night. Please see our events calendar for details on upcoming events, and when visiting the store, take a look at our community bulletin board to learn about other events happening around the city. Oh, and we run a cafe which is full of organic, vegan, fair trade goodness.
"

So. See you tonight at 7:00 p.m.?

I'll have copies of all of my books for sale, I'll sign anything you want (within reason ha ha), and the usual copious amounts of chocolate.

Wait. I just read over this post. Excuse me? Alternative menstrual products? Oh God. The mind boggles. Well, at least I can never say my life is boring.

I just hope said products are not part of the menu at the cafe.

Later,
xo

1 comment:

  1. So you'll sign my copy of "George Bush is the awesomest" by Ann Coulter?

    Probably won't be able to make it as I have happy hour plans which involve collapsing on a couch in someone's lab and having beer brought to me at regular intervals.

    ReplyDelete