Friday, June 02, 2006

With a Rebel Yell, She Cried More, More, More...



Hey hey hey, I'm full of news today, and -- gasp -- some of it actually has to do with writing. First, I am really stoked to announce that one of my short stories has been selected (along with work by some other pretty impressive authors in the literary world) to appear in a new anthology called REBELLION published by Rebel Press which should be available for sale shortly at the usual places (Amazon, etc.) as well as the publisher's website. If you click on the link, you'll find author bios, excerpts, and further details.

Secondly, if you are in the Philadelphia area and are looking for something cool to do tonight, please join the extremely hard working editors/writers from Philadelphia Stories for a silent auction at the Mummers Museum. I've donated an autographed copy of Three Days in New York City as well as two coffee cups embellished with two of my short stories from Flash Fiction (which I am pleased to see are still for sale on their site) for said auction. In a perfect world, I plan on attending the event tonight as well but I'm not one hundred per cent sure I can make it. In any event, let me just reiterate how wonderful Philadelphia Stories is -- it's a magazine devoted to publishing the work of local authors and is distributed free of charge at places like Borders, coffee shops, etc. It's not an inexpensive endeavor to put out a literary magazine like this and it's important to support it so I hope some of my local readers can make it or if not, even a small contribution (details on their website) would really be appreciated.

Third, my beautiful and talented daughter Julie has produced a song by the Jangling Sparrows which will appear on a new CD titled "Unleashed II" and the release party is tomorrow night at World Cafe Live at 7:00 p.m.. For tickets and further details, follow this link. All who attend this party will in fact receive a free CD!

Fourth, tomorrow evening is also the PAUL GREEN SCHOOL OF ROCK BEST OF THE SEASON FUNDRAISER with very special guest JEFF "SKUNK" BAXTER, legendary guitar player for STEELY DAN & THE DOOBIE BROTHERS. Advance tickets are $12.00; $15.00 at the door. Speaking of said doors, they open at 6:00 p.m., the show starts at 7:00 p.m., and this is one of those times I need to be able to clone myself -- my son's lovely significant other, Carolyn, will be singing back-up with Skunk on two songs.

Fifth, in what will be their final performance before Eric and Julie go out on tour with Adrian Belew, Eric will perform with the band, Flamingo, as part of the Troc's Sunday Balcony series. Showtime is June 4 at 2:00 p.m.

And finally, for my good pal Susan, and you should click on that link because today she interviews the amazing Hillary Carlip (whose book I am currently reading and just being blown away by)...here is a photo I wish I did not find because I think aliens captured him for the evening, tied him up, tortured him, and dressed him against his will...Neil Gaiman as you've never seen him before:



Oh, Sue, I can't end my blogpost with something as traumatic as that. Wait...I know!



Ahhhh. All better.

Later,
xo

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Africa! How exciting!

    And you get to meet Liesl. Have you ever had any experience with her psychic abilities? They are very, very eerie.

    (And luckily, I have no idea what you are talking about re the Britney Spears comment. From what I know about her and her videos, I'm surprised Neil is wearing pants if that's the look he's going for)

    ReplyDelete