Monday, August 29, 2005

Odds and Sods - Part 829


Fil Smith getting his graduation Thom Lessner portrait from Paul Green with Eric Slick in the background

So this looks to be a crazy couple of days before I crash at the beach house for most of September. Eric has two interesting gigs with Shannon Penn as follows:

Saturday, September 3, 2005 at 8:00:00 PM
Independent Music Conference Showcase
Cavanaughs River Deck
417 Columbus Ave
Philadelphia,PA
Join Shannon and 4 other independent artists from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

Sunday, September 4, 2005 at 9:00:00 PM to whenever
Independent Music Conference
Closing night party
Open to the public!
Sheraton Society Hill
1 Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA

Yeah, this definitely looks cool so please come out and support Eric and independent music!

Julie's left her job at Rock School (sob -- officially the end of an era now) in order to devote all of her time to her gigs serving/hostessing at Rembrandt's Restaurant, interning with Phil Nicolo at Studio 4, her junior year at Drexel University, and doing a lot of other music stuff. Now you know there's no way I'm not going to pop into the restaurant a couple of times and have her wait on me for a change. I may start with lunch today. Knowing me, I'll leave her a $50 tip, but hey, she's a good source from whom to borrow money when I'm down and out after living too much of the good life while unemployed.

Back later with a full report. Like: Will she spill anything on me? Will she refuse me butter with my bread because she worries about my health and somehow over the course of the past year or two she's become the mother and I've become the child? Will she finally encourage me to have lots of wine instead of wrinkling her nose like I'm a lush?

Kidding, kidding.

Maybe. (But oh how I love the little wench)
********
P.S. My heart goes out to those in Katrina's path right now. In my links section on the right you'll see the name of Pia Z. Ehrhardt, one of the most brilliant authors around and a friend of mine from Zoetrope. She lives in New Orleans and holy crap, Pia, I hope you're okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment