Tuesday, August 30, 2005

More Odds and Sods


Keyboard wizard Larry Allen at final Pink Floyd All-Star show August 13, 2005 with Fil Smith and Lauren Pollock in the background.

Happy Tuesday! Of course every day is happy for me now that I no longer have to be at the law office and am happily unemployed, but oh well, Happy Tuesday to everyone anyway.

So I actually get some quality writing time this week - Eric has rehearsals today, Wednesday, and Friday during the day for his two gigs with Shannon Penn this weekend; Julie continues to work ninety-seven jobs and is spending the night at Matt's house tonight because he leaves for a week long trip to Colorado the following day, and well, I'm just too damned relaxed for words. Plus, my new furniture will be here one week from today, and as middle class and boring as it is to admit it, I am really, really psyched about that.

Anyway, just also got word that Eric will be playing the Dewey Beach Music Fest with Shannon Penn on September 30:

9/30/2005 7:30 PM Dewey Beach Music Conference

Rudders
Dewey Beach, Delaware
www.deweybeachfest.com

I'll of course supply more details as soon as they are available.

So speaking of Julie, I did show up at her restaurant for lunch yesterday and she did wait on me and it was awesome! She even gave me the best bread -- house baked foccacia -- and while I didn't get butter (ha), I did get a wonderful extra virgin olive oil with a touch of balsamic vinegar in which to dip it. The chef comped me at the end with creme brulee surrounded with fresh cut pineapple and lime sugar cookies. Mmm...

I had a blast and it was a lot of fun seeing Julie in action. There were 4 fifty year old businessmen at the table to my left and one says to the other "Is it just me or is our waitress like the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life?" I coughed loudly (sheesh, couldn't they see the resemblance? Hahahahahaha) but in any event, they didn't say a word when Julie brought their food and after that, they stayed busy eating. Anyway, Julie brings my lunch (shrimp Caesar salad) and says "God, those people at table six keep telling me how gorgeous I am; it's so embarrassing" and I replied "I know, I heard them" and she said "How could you hear them? They are all the way behind you!"

I turned around and saw a table of five women. Ha ha. So she had two tables in love with her. Luckily these were a bunch of females. I might have been able to defend her against the one table of men but two tables of men....no.

She has no idea how pretty she is, which of course is very cool and keeps her humble.

Anyway, in other news, I just spent this morning writing a blurb for the back cover of my friend Leslie Van Newkirk's new novel, Crush Dot Com. I don't want to give away the plot, but the New York City singles' scene is the book's backdrop so what a fun read that was! Only I could spend two hours writing one long sentence, but I wanted to get it right, especially since it's my first blurb and Leslie is a really terrific writer and person. As soon as her book is published, I'll put the link here.

Hmmm...seems I have more news but I've gone blank. I'll be back when I remember. If I remember, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment