Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hump Day!


Brian Purcell switching from bass to violin at his last All-Star performance on August 13, 2005

So, it's hump day, and of course not to consistently rub it in, but having left the work force, that means nothing to me anymore. All the days are pleasantly rolling into one. Eric is already gone for the day; he's off to practice with Shannon Penn for most of today.

Last night, after several hours of Shannon Penn rehearsal, he got a call from Yanni (I guess that's how you spell it), drum teacher at Rock School, asking Eric if he could sit in for him at a jazz gig at 4708 Baltimore Avenue at Dahlak, an Ethiopian restaurant/bar. Eric showed up there at 10:00 p.m. and played drums in a two and a half hour set of standard jazz classics. He took a cab home around 1:00 a.m., then woke up at 8:00 a.m. today and hopped a train to Ardmore for the all day practice mentioned above. So he's living the life of a musician for sure right now which was the grand plan when with my heart in my mouth I agreed to him deferring his sophomore year at college. This is very cool and I hope it works out for him; I'd love to see him tour all over the universe this year -- maybe even get to Europe, etc. Hey, it just might happen.

Sigh...in Julie news, I have to go to Drexel University later today and get on my hands and knees and beg for more financial aid, but maybe since I'm not working anymore they will reconsider her position and give her more money. I'm going armed this time...bringing the Rock School soundtrack and all the press and the pics with her and Eddie Vedder, Jon Anderson, etc.

They'll probably look at me like I'm crazy, but I'm used to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment