Saturday, May 21, 2005

Oh my God - Part I


So you know I need to talk about last night's Rock School Led Zep show at Indre Studio because (1) it was mind blowing fantastic and (2) I want everyone who couldn't make it last night to do whatever possible to be there tonight because it's a swan song for some of the greatest, most talented kids you'll ever want to meet and while Paul did a very touching wonderful tribute to them last night, tonight is going to be even more emotional. I want to devote an entire post to it so while I'm busy writing that, I want to post something I just found on line which is apparently in all of the Seattle newspapers this morning. I didn't know what I'm about to post is a sure thing, and since I've discovered so many previous journalistic errors, I will check with Paul later to make sure this is correct...but holy shit....

Rock School Jam Session
featuring the students from the film,
ROCK SCHOOL
with special appearances by:

ANN WILSON (Heart) and special guests

(Okay, that's the Oh my God part. I did NOT know she was a sure thing; I know I was hoping, because Eric is on drums and Julie is on bass with Ann Wilson playing Barracuda on the Rock School soundtrack IN STORES ON MAY 31, 2005. And you know from reading this blog who the other special "guest" is but guest(s) in plural...if there are any more surprises like this, I may have total heart failure altogether!)

STUDENTS ROCK AT ROCK SCHOOL JAM SESSION

Rocks Stars. Guitar Gods. Kids.

At some point in their lives, most everyone dreams of becoming a rock star: feeling the roar of the crowd; basking in the adoration of legions of fans; experiencing the adventures of life on the road. Now imagine fulfilling that fantasy as a child. Welcome to ROCK SCHOOL.

Seattle, WA - The Seattle International Film Festival is pleased to present the “Rock School Jam Session”, Wednesday, May 25, 9:00 PM at Neumos (925 E. Pike St.), featuring the young musicians from the acclaimed documentary ROCK SCHOOL.

Admission is $8.00 and the event is open to audiences 21 and over.

Performing at the “Rock School Jam Session” will be ROCK SCHOOL students: Julia Rainer, Teddi Tarnoff, Madison Flego, Julie Slick, Louis Graff, Bryan Purcell, Joe Randazzo, Larry Allen, Eric Slick and CJ Tywoniak with ROCK SCHOOL teacher Paul Green.

The students have played over 350 concerts to more than 100,000 people at such legendary venues as The Knitting Factory, The Big Easy and BB Kings in Times Square. In Seattle, the play list will feature songs from a wide range of rock classics and will include special musical guests Ann Wilson (Heart) and special guests.

A meditation on talent and teaching, the documentary film ROCK SCHOOL is a celebration of youthful promise and steadfast dreams. It is also a kick-ass music movie that should be played loud!

ROCK SCHOOL is directed by Don Argott and produced by Sheena M. Joyce and Don Argott. ROCK SCHOOL will screen at the Seattle International Film Festival on Wednesday, May 25, 7:00 PM at the Egyptian Theatre. For tickets to the film and after-party, please call: (206) 324-9996 or online visit: www.seattlefilm.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment