Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Halloween



It doesn't get any scarier than that, does it? Happy Halloween.

So I'm such a loser, I forgot to set my clock back last night after all, which means I've been awake since 3:30 a.m. The good news is I awoke to an empty house - the kiddies went to a party last night and slept out. I actually have several hours of quiet!

The bad news is I'm eyeing a Snickers bar for breakfast, but must refrain. Note to self: Next year buy all crap you don't like for the trick or treaters, like Skittles and Dots and Twizzlers and Sweet Tarts.

Yeah, yeah, I say that every year.

So now that I'm up at dawn, I know I should be writing, but with National Novel writing month starting tomorrow, I'm thinking I should go out and enjoy myself today. I have this urge to go to the Planetarium, which is just a few blocks from my house. I've loved that place since I'm a kid -- there's something so magical about sitting back, the room goes dark, and the first few stars begin to appear while great classical music plays in the background. I don't usually listen to the lecture itself, I just sit there dreaming, staring up at the night "sky".

What I should do instead though is ride my bike down the river drive and undo the damage of eating all that candy because it's the last Sunday it's closed to traffic and it's four miles in each direction of pure beauty...changing leaves, boathouse row...hmmm...let me see if I can find a picture:


Anyway, at the moment I'm totally undecided...but there's nothing new about that, huh. I dunno, I guess I'll make another pot of coffee, put on some music, and figure things out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Robin,

    I'm taking the day off writing, too. I'm nervous and excited about starting NANO tomorrow. Hope you have a fun and restful day.

    xo
    myf

    ReplyDelete